How to Apply for PWD ID Card

July 16, 2009

Procedures in ID Issuance to PWDs
NCDA Administrative Order Series of 2008 (Revised as of March 10, 2008)

B.1 Any bonafide person with permanent disability or his/her caregiver can obtain an application form from either of the following registration centers;

• Office of the Mayor
  • Office of the Barangay Captain
  • NCDA or its regional counterpart
  • DSWD Offices
  • Participating organizations with memorandum of agreements with the Department of Health

B.2 Applicant shall fill up the form, attaches two 1″ x 1″ picture with his or her signature or thumbmark behind.

B.3 He or she shall obtain a clinical abstract duly signed by any licensed private or government clinic or hospital-based physician and attach it with the application form.

B.4 Applicant, care-giver or registration center personnel then brings or uploads whichever is applicable, the application form and clinical abstract to the nearest City of Municipal Health Office or its satellite offices or stations at the barangay.

B.5 The receiving health office shall screen and perform the necessary medical and other allied medical assessment they deem necessary at no cost to the applicant for the accuracy of the entries with the actual and permanency of the condition of the PWD. If PWD is not ambulatory, the receiving health officer shall do a home visit to validate the entries and disability.

B.6 If entries of the application form and clinical abstract match the actual health condition of the PWD, the form with all attachments goes to the Health Officer of the Main City or Municipal Health Center.

B.7 The City or Municipal Health Officer shall fill up the certification form which shall be designed, reproduced and archived by the City of Municipal Health Office and shll contain but not limited to the following minimum information:

1. First Name, Middle Initial and Last Name of Applicant PWD
  2. Diagnosis
  3. Complete Address
  4. Birthday
  5. Gender
  6. Father’s Name
  7. Mother’s Name
  8. Control Number
  9. Physician’s signature over Printed Name and License Number

B.8 The City or Municipal Health Officer shall affix the control number on the certification form and application form and sign the certificate of disability. The City of Municipal Health Officer shall then enter the duly signed certificate of disability to the Philippine Registry for Persons with Disabilities that can be loaded from the DOH National Office Website.

B.9 Applications that were disapproved shall be advised regarding the deficiencies and shall be allowed to reapply until complied.

B.10 The applicant or care-giver shall bring the duly approved application form and certificate of disability to the City or Municipal Social Welfare Office or NCDA for issuance of the identification card.

B.11 The nearest local Social Welfare Office or NCDA may screen applicants further and require a social case study if warranted.

B.12 If found to be a valid application, the receiving officer of the local SWO or NCDA shall record control number and issues ID to PWDs.

B.13 As to the disability that is not apparent, the establishments may ask from the PWD additional documents as proofs as to his/her disability.

C. Validity and Renewal of the ID Card

The ID card issued to the PWD shall be valid for three years only for the purpose of issuing identification cards. The first issuance shall be for free. While its renewal due to expiration, loss or damage, the issuing authorities, Mayor, Barangay Captain and NCDA shall charge minimal fee for the new ID card.

Go to this page to view the List of Provinces and Cities Issuing IDs to Persons With Disabilities.

Possibly Related Posts:

118 Responses to “How to Apply for PWD ID Card”

1. Marcelo MOngkil on August 29th, 2011 11:09 pm

please make the pwds laws stronger and with a teeth and being implemented to every provinces cities/municipalities because some of the following agencies there are not knowing about pwds law specially the R.A. 7277/9442 and 10070 that would be enforce to be lead agencies whom handle.

because if those agencies are follows i am sure that public discrimination, employees concern being less and give the equal opportunities and the rights, benefits and privileges shall given to the people with disabilities.

Person Disability Affairs office shall establish in those mention but most of the agencies concern they don’t create and follow what are the pwds law. that why more pwds are setting a part less- attention and priority.

2. Patrick Henri Barrameda on September 2nd, 2011 11:30 pm

i didnt have pwd. i have disability hearing (loss) with wearing aids. so i graduate from STI sta. cruz laguna. and computer technology and electronics. i didnt not sign language. little speak english and tagalog (short sentence)… so i failed TESDA….. 2 years ago no work me…. i cant find job/work….

3. Eunice Velarde on September 12th, 2011 8:46 am

Hello po. ask ko lang po if basta ba may Lupus ang patient ay pwde na siya magavail nung PWD Identification Card? Kung hindi po. ano po mga qualifications ng isang Lupus patient para makapagavail siya. Ilang taon na din po kasi ako nagmmaintain ng gamot at check up every month or every 2-3 months.

4. Virginia Ongjoco on November 11th, 2011 8:37 pm

Good Day. I just want to ask if it is true that the card issued to me last Sept 28, 2011 is no longer valid because you change your rules regarding the Chronic type of Disability . When I applied for the PWD in Pasay they wrote in the card that the type of disability I have is Chronic. Yesterday Mercury Drug store in Pasay Rotonda did not honor that card and ask me to contact you to clear this matter. Is it true that you change the rule? How can I change my PWD id? Do I have to report again to Social Welfare Department in pasay for another PWD id? I will be undergoing again a series of treatment by next week and my immune system is again impaired. I’m afraid I will not be able to apply personally for that PWD id for the next 5-6 months.

5. Aaron Acielo on December 3rd, 2011 1:01 am

gudday i would like to know where i get the PWD ID Code # because we could not issue the ID and Purchase booklets hoping for immediate response …………AARON A. ACIELO PWD MUNICIPAL FEDERATION PRESIDENT MUNICIPALITY OF CUARTERO, CAPIZ our office located at DSWD office(09198029727)

6. Leonor on December 5th, 2011 10:31 pm

I am a breast cancer survivor and was happy to learn that PWD ids can be issued to us considering the expenses we have to live with. I went to the Makati City Hall and talked to the DSWD head there. They said they do not give PWD ids to cancer survivors and that we have to lose a leg or be physically disabled to avail of one. I submitted complete documents and was asked additional reqts : a doctor’s certificate that I am disabled in such a way. I lost my left breast. But this doesn’t count? They also said I don’t look sick. How can I apply for a PWD Id? Thanks

7. Bel on December 13th, 2011 10:26 pm

@Leonor, hi! ako nakuka ng ID ng PWD dito sa Navotas, last Nov 29 this year lang ako naopera. kasama tayong mga breast ca sa pribilehiyo ng batas na ito…Bel of Navotas

8. chandrina on December 28th, 2011 12:40 am

i am deaf chandrina..i want apply to PWD’s ID..thank you..

9. lalain darunday on April 10th, 2012 1:57 am

hi! everyone.. can you please help me that how to apply the card of PWD ? what do need requirement?

lalain darunday Reply:

i am a deaf…. thank you!

10. jen on April 18th, 2012 3:44 am

Is there corruption in Pasig DSWD? Bakit for more than one year, wala silang iniissue na booklet? Lagi sinasabi ni Jasmin (tel: 6411936) ubos na, even when we constantly follow up and go to the Pasig branch? Binenta na ba ngayon ang booklet? Magkanu???

11. PAUL fernando ARGUELLES on April 29th, 2012 11:06 pm

The ID card issued to the PWD (While its renewal due to expiration, loss or damage, the issuing authorities, Mayor,Barangay Captain and NCDA shall charge minimal fee for the new ID card).
    *how much is the minimal fee to be charge?
    *do I still need to comply again? I lost my card last December, 2011…

Enews and updates
    I wanna receive the latest news and announcements from NCDA and its regions, as well as from other PWD organizations!
    * Hope it works?!

pf.arguelles@facebook.com/pf_arguelles@hotmail.com
    09274871954

12. Sridhar on May 7th, 2012 9:22 pm

To whomever it might concern,

What benefits does the PWD card give the disabled?

13. Janille M. Mangundayao on May 26th, 2012 6:50 pm

I am deaf. I live in San Pablo City, Laguna. I want to apply PWD ID Card.

14. Roberto M. Torres jr on June 28th, 2012 8:31 pm

hi’…can you please help and info. me that how to apply the card of PWD?…what do need requirement?

luke skywalker Reply:

@Roberto M. Torres jr, go to your local dswd in your city/ municial hall, they can help you regarding your query.

15. jeff on July 19th, 2012 10:18 pm

some private hospitals do not give 20% discount on medical and dental services.. I’m not sure if this is true.. please advise..

16. Ericson Go Giap on September 19th, 2012 5:08 pm

I want to apply for disability id

17. edwin chua on September 25th, 2012 11:04 pm

I would like to know if this card also entitles Cancer Survivors, not permamnently disabled but currently undergoind medication?
    Thanks

18. edwin chua on September 25th, 2012 11:06 pm

,,,also, required docs is the clinical abstract. does refer to operation record? photocopy okay? what other medical records needed?

thanks

19. Katharina on February 3rd, 2013 6:25 am

Hi! Good Evening.

I am deaf. Lost my ID PWD last monday. Please help me I want a new ID PWD . Thank you! :)

20. Sylvia Casalo on April 28th, 2013 12:48 am

good pm po… tanong ko lang po gaanu ba katagal ang purchase booklets maibgay sa isang PWD? may ID napo apo ko pero hindi rin namin naeenjoy ang discount bilang PWD dahil kahit saang botika ay ang purchase booklets po ang hinahanap kahit may ID ang apo ko… laging wala ang sagot samin sa opisina ng DSWD na pinamumunuan ni MRS. ROSE BALDOZA.. halos po 7buwan ng may ID ang apo ko pero wala pa ring purchase booklets.. anu pong apat naming gawin? andon po kasi na ang rason nila ay wala pa daw budget>>> tapos minsan nman po idadaan naman daw sa biddengs.. lumapit na nga po ako sa naga city kay MR. MOLEN.. ito po ang sabi nya sakin kausapin ko daw ang nangangasiwa dito ng DSWD dito sa sipocot cam. sur.binigyan po ako ng sample booklets ni MR. MOLEN para po ipakita ko sa sipocot DSWD dito sa amin.. awa ng dios wala pa rin pong aksyon hanggang sa ngayun… sana po ay matugunan nyo ang aming problema dito sa sipocot camarines sur na pinamumunuan ng aming Mayor na siMAYOR OGIE ASTOR…. salamat po..

21. Augustin Dennis Tabernilla on May 30th, 2013 9:23 pm

I’m a stroke survivor and currently undergoing physical and occuptional theraphy with medication am i entitled to have PWD id,

22. LEONARD RED on June 23rd, 2013 2:17 am

esrd on hemodialysis twice a week, entitled po ba ako to have PWD id?

23. Jayclaid on June 24th, 2013 7:23 pm

Meron na po ba sa inyo nakakuha ng PWD ID, pashare naman kung paano kasi ang hirap maka connect sa NCDA pati sa DSWD, palagi busy mga number nila o kaya magbibigay ng contact pero not in service naman. Thanks

24. Romelito Tupas on July 15th, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi, great morning to all. where can i find the link for the list of disabilities?

25. Neneng Bee on August 23rd, 2013 9:26 am

Tanong ko lang.. hindi ba kasama ang value meal sa pag discount ng PWD ID? na experience ko po ito sa JOLLIBEE Greenhills kanina

26. Magno Rivera on September 4th, 2013 4:06 am

ako ay isang OFW sa kasalukuyan at dumaranas ng diabetes at hypertension. mataas din ang aking uric acid at higit sa lahat gumagamit na ako ng hearing aid.

ang aking maybahay ay merong sakit sa puso at nangangailangan ng mitral valve replacement subalit hindi namin kaya ang halaga ng operasyon.

pwede po ba kaming mag-avail ng PWD ID?

ilang buwan na lamang ang nalalabi at magiging senior citizen na ako gayundin ang aking maybahay.

27. yest on October 10th, 2013 11:20 pm

sana po may official person na makasagot. I am an ovarian cancer survivor (diagnosed 2012, treated within 2012). I inquired if i am qualified for a pwd card and was told there should be evidence (proven through a doctor’s certificate) that the illness caused some form of disability. the card is not issued daw becuase of the cancer but because of the disability due to cancer, if any. I read in the icanservefoundation website that “As a chronic illness requiring continuous monitoring and treatment, cancer is classified as a disability and cancer patients/survivors are counted among persons with disabilities (PWDs).” Given this, hindi po ba enough na ipakita yung documents stating that the person was diagnosed with cancer? Ano po ba ang official na rule when it comes to cancer survivors? Thanks you and God bless!

28. libby ladera on October 22nd, 2013 12:49 am

i’m diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and now i’m on my chemo…why is it that i am not considered as person with disability in my town in Borongan? i ask them if i can have a PWD card but they did not considered me as disabled? am i disabled or not? nagtatanong lang po kasi hirap na hirap napo ang pamilya ko at baon na baon napo kami sa utang. single po ako at wala ng trabaho mula ng maoperahan ako noong naraan june 14, 2013..malaking tulong po ito kung ako po’y inyong matutulungan ngayon..maraming salamat po.

29. Divine Grace Balintong on October 31st, 2013 2:33 am

Hi Good Evening!

Qualified po ba ako na makakuha ng PWD card since i was diagnosed po ng Bipolar affective disorder? Lifetime po ang gamutan ng sakit ko, maicoconsider po ba na disability ang mental health illness ko para makakuha ng PWD card? Ang laki po kasi ng gastos at ang mahal ng gamot ko, mga tita ko lang ang sumusuporta sa akin sa gamutan sa ngayon. Gusto ko po sana makakuha ng PWD card para sana mabawasan ang gastos nila dahil nga po lifetime na medication ang kailangan ko.

Sana po ay masagot ninyo ang tanong ko. Maraming salamat.

Aya Reply:

@Divine Grace Balintong,
    Pareho tayo ng tanong. Any update? Nabigyan ka ng pwd id?
    Self-supporting ako sa meds gamit savings ko at unemployed pa din ako. Until January na lang panggamot ko.

Divine Grace Balintong Reply:

@Aya,

Pumunta ako ng munisipyo noong January at applying for PWD card na ako. Considered ang bipolar disorder as Psychosocial disability kaya pwede sya i-apply for PWD card. Binigyan ako ng form at ang requirements ay picture and medical abstract. Matatagalan nga lang ako kumuha ng medical abstract kasi kailangan pa ng Psychological test at sa march 10 pa ako makakapag exam, after that 3 mos. pa ata bago mairelease yung result ng exam plus days of processing pa sa munisipyo.

30. Divine Grace Balintong on October 31st, 2013 2:41 am

Gustong gusto ko po talaga sana na makakuha ng PWD card kasi hindi po lifetime na masusuportahan ako ng mga tita ko sa gamutan ko, darating ang panahon na ako na lang mag isa ang susuporta sa gamot ko,na mahal po at di kaya gastusan dahil wala po akong trabaho. Ang hindi ko po alam ay kung qualified ang mental health illness ko to avail of the program.

Maraming salamat po ulit!

31. Ruel F. Garcia on November 1st, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi.. Gusto kopo mg apply sa pwd i.d card meron po kaya dito sa calamba city laguna?

32. akash soni on December 31st, 2013 4:04 am

i am 6th sem student

.can i apply

33. Giovanni Aquino on February 19th, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi! I am a polio victim since one. I am now 49 years old and working professionally as a Hotel General Manager. I usually encounter employers who when they negatively realize that I walk differently, started to make me feel unwanted after all the good work I’ve done to their property. Is there a law or a special employee/ employer protection for specially able person? like special rate for salary taxes, protection from employment and the like.

I would appreciate a comment. Thanks!

34. Allen on February 23rd, 2014 11:39 pm

Im a father of a 4 year old boy with autism. We got him a PWD ID in QC.
    When I present the ID to J.CO Donuts at SM fairview. they told me they dont entertain such ID’s unless i have the child with me. I told them i have my signature at the back and Im the father. Still they didnt bother consider.
    I PAID for my son’s donut without discount.

It means if you have a child with a more motor deficient function you have to carry them with you just to buy some donuts. otherwise, your PWD ID is Non-sense to them.

Hope the management of J.CO DONUTS SM fairview have some heart and consideration for special childrens.

35. Veranio Concepcion on April 14th, 2014 6:11 am

I had a 5-vessel heArt bypass. Will I be eligible as Pwd.?

36. Glenn on May 13th, 2014 4:32 pm

A friendly advice, can you kindly include a downloadable application form for PWD ID. I went to our provincial municipality Health Center and DSWD office and also the office of our Barangay Captain in Hagonoy, Bulacan, but they all don’t have any form. If they don’t have it how shall we start to apply. At least, in this web site, if you include it in your “downloadable” we can have a head start.

Thank you.

37. benjie bugarin on June 15th, 2014 5:48 pm

what are the requirements if a PWD person wants to apply PWD ID via transfer of residency (ex. from antipolo to makati)?

38. Maria Wilhelmina B. Esquivel on June 21st, 2014 2:15 pm

I am Maria Wilhelmina B. Esquivel from Caloocan City.

My son is 19 y/o and has been diagnosed with mild autism. He attended SPED classes in the grade school till he was mainstreamed in the regular class, yet SPED supervised. He attended High School through the DEPED Open High School Program.

I have decided to secure a PWD ID for him. I was going through the list of requirements to comply and noticed that one of the requirements is a Barangay Certificate of Indigency.

May I be cleared about this? From your list, indigency was never a criteria.

Do LGU’s have their own requirements?

I wish to be clarified regarding this matter. Thank you.

39. eryn sancheez on July 22nd, 2014 2:49 am

Bakit wala sa pasig city. Sana magkaroon din.

40. meth on May 26th, 2015 7:43 am

Bakit walang sumasagot sa mga posts?

41. Nina on May 29th, 2015 10:52 am

Is scoliosis a valid disability to obtain a PWD ID?

42. Sachin on May 31st, 2015 7:30 pm

where can we apply for disability certificate in hyderabad? i mean in which office and place?

43. Marinela Exer on July 6th, 2015 9:44 pm

Good Day

I would like to tell you an introduce about myself. I am full Deaf Person. I am Filipina. I want to write an application form for PWDs ID CARD.

I would like to ask you for PWDs ID Card application Form. Can you send me an Email? Here is my e-mail address marinelaexer@gmail.com.
    I really need it so badly. Hope that you response me soon possible.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Marinela Exer

44. Rona Abano on September 9th, 2015 5:55 am

Hi, My daughter was diagnosed with Autism and we got her a PWD card that we are using to avial discounts for her Occupational Therapy. After 6 months, this School decided to stop honoring the PWD claiming Autism is not a qualifying disability in PWD? Is this true?

45. alfonso aviles on November 1st, 2015 8:32 am

Greetings. I am retired 2nd lt. Alfonso aviles retired from the service due to complete disability from my disability pension I am able to study & in the near future going to work how am I able to enjoy the benefit of my disability, tax exemptions and every right of a disabled person also I would like to have the disability id

46. Barbara Panlilio on November 7th, 2015 6:28 am

– i am only partially but permanently disabled due to loss of sight in my right eye. am i entitled to the PWD benefit?
    – happy that Marikina City is included in the list of issuing cities.
    – any news on making the PWD ID application form downloadable?
    – my vehicular accident where i lost my eye happened more than 20 years ago, thus the only clinical abstract i have is 20 years old. will this be acceptable?

47. jvy1225 on December 9th, 2015 1:38 am

Is there any list of chronic diseases covered by PWD ID? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Got something to say?