How to Apply for PWD ID Card

July 16, 2009

Procedures in ID Issuance to PWDs
NCDA Administrative Order Series of 2008 (Revised as of March 10, 2008)

B.1 Any bonafide person with permanent disability or his/her caregiver can obtain an application form from either of the following registration centers;

• Office of the Mayor
  • Office of the Barangay Captain
  • NCDA or its regional counterpart
  • DSWD Offices
  • Participating organizations with memorandum of agreements with the Department of Health

B.2 Applicant shall fill up the form, attaches two 1″ x 1″ picture with his or her signature or thumbmark behind.

B.3 He or she shall obtain a clinical abstract duly signed by any licensed private or government clinic or hospital-based physician and attach it with the application form.

B.4 Applicant, care-giver or registration center personnel then brings or uploads whichever is applicable, the application form and clinical abstract to the nearest City of Municipal Health Office or its satellite offices or stations at the barangay.

B.5 The receiving health office shall screen and perform the necessary medical and other allied medical assessment they deem necessary at no cost to the applicant for the accuracy of the entries with the actual and permanency of the condition of the PWD. If PWD is not ambulatory, the receiving health officer shall do a home visit to validate the entries and disability.

B.6 If entries of the application form and clinical abstract match the actual health condition of the PWD, the form with all attachments goes to the Health Officer of the Main City or Municipal Health Center.

B.7 The City or Municipal Health Officer shall fill up the certification form which shall be designed, reproduced and archived by the City of Municipal Health Office and shll contain but not limited to the following minimum information:

1. First Name, Middle Initial and Last Name of Applicant PWD
  2. Diagnosis
  3. Complete Address
  4. Birthday
  5. Gender
  6. Father’s Name
  7. Mother’s Name
  8. Control Number
  9. Physician’s signature over Printed Name and License Number

B.8 The City or Municipal Health Officer shall affix the control number on the certification form and application form and sign the certificate of disability. The City of Municipal Health Officer shall then enter the duly signed certificate of disability to the Philippine Registry for Persons with Disabilities that can be loaded from the DOH National Office Website.

B.9 Applications that were disapproved shall be advised regarding the deficiencies and shall be allowed to reapply until complied.

B.10 The applicant or care-giver shall bring the duly approved application form and certificate of disability to the City or Municipal Social Welfare Office or NCDA for issuance of the identification card.

B.11 The nearest local Social Welfare Office or NCDA may screen applicants further and require a social case study if warranted.

B.12 If found to be a valid application, the receiving officer of the local SWO or NCDA shall record control number and issues ID to PWDs.

B.13 As to the disability that is not apparent, the establishments may ask from the PWD additional documents as proofs as to his/her disability.

C. Validity and Renewal of the ID Card

The ID card issued to the PWD shall be valid for three years only for the purpose of issuing identification cards. The first issuance shall be for free. While its renewal due to expiration, loss or damage, the issuing authorities, Mayor, Barangay Captain and NCDA shall charge minimal fee for the new ID card.

Go to this page to view the List of Provinces and Cities Issuing IDs to Persons With Disabilities.

Possibly Related Posts:

108 Responses to “How to Apply for PWD ID Card”

1. nina sumalabe on July 16th, 2009 3:22 pm

good day!we have 40 special children in our sped center at calumpit central school,calumpit, bulacan.can you help our pupils avail for pwd ids?thank u for your immediate action.

2. Kharla Victoria Alferez on July 16th, 2009 4:08 pm

how to apply pwd id card? what are the requirements? thanks!

lemuel Reply:

@Kharla Victoria Alferez,

i dont mean to be rude but isn’t this article all about availing a pwd card? did you read it?

Reggie Castillo Reply:

@lemuel, I don’t mean to be rude either but I do not understand why the NCDA website does not have a downloadable application/registration form for the PWD ID. The applicants have disabilities, they should be spared from unnecessary bureaucratic red tape. I would think a downloadable form would be the first thing on the website.

3. Helen Cheng on July 18th, 2009 10:13 am

Hello, is the PWD ID Card available at Caloocan City? I saw your list of municipality that gives PWD ID, Caloocan City is not included, we’re hoping that our Officials here in Caloocan City would approve the PWD ID , many would benefit from it. Thanks and God Bless!

Ana Reply:

@Helen Cheng, actually, it’s included, but spelled as Kalookan. See NCR. :)

4. Martin Makalintal on July 20th, 2009 2:01 pm

Greetings!!!!

Im the PWD President here in Goa, Camarines Sur as well the Focal Executive for the 3rd. District in the province…..

However, our linkage with your organization seems not yet established tillo this point of time. Im just wondering when,where and how would you come for a convention for all provincial representationsin the Philippines?

5. Romeo M. Tan on July 20th, 2009 3:36 pm

City of San Fernando La Union Accomplishment Report for the 31st NDPR Week Celebration

1. Hnaging of Streamer infornt of teh Marcos Bldg., City of San Fernando, La Union
    2. Radio Guesting at DZNL Radio Station- (1) PWDs from the city attended
    3. IEC on RA 7277/BP 344/RA 9442 & City Ord. No. 2008-003 attended by 4th & 3rd Yr. High School Student from the La Union National High School, City of San Fernando, La Union

6. Jan Erik A. Balbastre on July 21st, 2009 8:18 am

i would like to apply for a PWD ID so that I would be able to avail of the priviledges and incentives being given to PWDs under RA 9442. Thank you

7. Grace E. Siapno on July 22nd, 2009 7:48 am

Thank you very much for giving these blessings to our special children. Now we can say they are really special. God bless and let us continue supporting our kababayans. Mabuhay!
    From: Blessed Luisa School Family – Paranaque City

8. Geraldine Po on July 23rd, 2009 1:24 pm

I checked your page on how to apply for PWD ID card but only the responses appeared. I am interested to apply for PWD ID card. How/where can I apply? Thank you.

Evangeline Co Reply:

I am the deaf in using the sign language. I apply the PWD id card. Tthank you

9. Romeo M. Tan on July 30th, 2009 12:46 pm

Greetings from Region 1

I would like to request from the NCDA being the lead agency tasked to steer the course of programs and development of PWDs and the delivery of services to the sector to come up with with a Uniform Purchase Booklet for Medicines that will be reproduce and issued by the diffrent Local Government Unit through their respective OPDA or C/MSWDO.

Thank you.

From Romeo M. Tan

10. ma carina castro on August 11th, 2009 12:49 pm

Good Day! Where can I apply for PWD card? and what are the requirements? thank you.

11. ALFREDO V. CRUZ on August 18th, 2009 5:09 pm

I am Alfred Vera-Cruz, 39y/o, married, residence at Pob. West., Science City of Munoz, Province of Nueva Ecija requesting for ID. i am PWD with NO Right Arm. Thank you veru much!

12. Winkilina Montevirgen on September 7th, 2009 10:43 am

May we request for 20% discount at Mercury Drug store, same as benefits received by senior citizens? Being sick, we spend so much for medicines and it would be a big help enjoying discounts. They also have basic commodities in most of the branches so we can buy our groceries from their store. Thank you very much and MORE POWER!

13. ritchie ravelo on September 15th, 2009 12:15 pm

im butuan ass.of differently abled person president.i have 5 members need wheelchairs.i heared that ncda will provide.i hope u entertain my request.tanx n more power ur office.

14. Richard R.S. Sunico on September 18th, 2009 12:11 am

Hello. I have complain because I want to apply for new PWD ID card at disabled’s office through Mandaluyong City Hall but their boss always say PWD ID not available yet since a long time ago but my deaf friend who is working at Mandaluyong City Hall. He said that PWD ID have available but he don’t know why his boss never do it with new PWD ID. They still keep new PWD ID hide in their office. I think their boss is LAZY!! Why not you ask Mayor of Mandaluyong City that he will scold the boss of disabled’s office??

Richard R.S. Sunico Reply:

It’s me Richard Sunico. I finally got new PWD ID last November 9, 2009. No problem.

15. creedence galarion on December 3rd, 2009 2:30 am

Good Day! Where can I apply for PWD card?i have 3 kids with autism,and i really need to apply for the PWD card…pls help

16. Mae Calupitan on January 19th, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi! I just got my son his PWD ID but when we used it last night at Mercury Drug Putatan, Muntinlupa they said that they don’t honor such ID because there are no memo yet from their head office and that no such codes for the said discount. They also blamed DOH about this. I felt bad and a little discriminated because of this. The supposed privileges for my son were not given. It also made me think that how come SM Malls were able to do something about it but other companies can’t. I applied for the ID for the said Discounts and privileges and yet, my son was not able to enjoy the said benefits. I hope that the authorities could do something about this ASAP.

Michelle Brin Reply:

@Mae Calupitan, I was planning to get my younger brother his own PWD card, it is really upsetting how some of these companies are not updated with the law, same situation here at our barangay, in Paranaque City, they are not aware.

17. erick marinas on January 21st, 2010 4:42 am

hi…ncda/people!!!
    pls,send me a copy on the decision of court of appeals regarding the appeal of drug association of the philippine…

18. ferdinand sunga co on January 22nd, 2010 10:58 am

mercury drug is not honoring r.a.9442 fyi

19. Dr. Ingrid R. Yap, Ph.D. on February 6th, 2010 9:35 am

I hope NCDA will also be in the frontline in promoting inclusive education. Their are many children who can benefit from schools who practice this policy. Students who otherwise will drop out of school because they learn differently will be better served.
    The cooperation of the DOH is important to help identify these children who are also in school, so proper supports can be given to them.
    Finally financial assistance is needed by Public Elementary Schools who wish to practice Inclusive Education, for the training of teachers to handle students with developmental and cognitive delays.

Rolando S. Braza Reply:

@Dr. Ingrid R. Yap, Ph.D.,

Hi Dr. Ingrid,

I wonder if NCDA is reading all the posts here. In any case, I think less-abled people or DISABLED people as they call us should already start helping ourselves. It may be possible that the NCDA is not yet that organized or simply lacks the funds to get going. Perhaps we should start a blog or website of our own. I hope we can be more organized and pool resources together (talent, money, information, etc).

jojo braza

tender_eagle@yahoo.com

20. rowena velasquez on February 12th, 2010 11:35 pm

We had the same experience with Mercury Drug. This is totally unbelievable. You know that most of the “PWD’s” would be needing medicines and yet the biggest drug company would not honor it! They claim to have not been informed about it and are still waiting for the memo from another Government Institution.

How long do we have to wait. If a PWD’s life depend on this sky high prized medicines! Please, do something about this. A few pesos saved would go along way for PWD’s.

Richard R.S. Sunico Reply:

@rowena velasquez,

Watson Drug is accepted PWD ID for discounts unlike Mercury Drug not honor it!!!! DAMN IT TO MERCURY DRUG!!

Rolando S. Braza Reply:

@Richard R.S. Sunico,

Hi,

I think the best thing to do is not patronize Mercury if the NCDA cannot yet tackle the drug store “giant” at this time. If we, the less-abled, together with our friends and relatives will patronize other drugstores who care for us, maybe they will grow and branch out and greedy Mercury will soon be extinct

ltv Reply:

@Richard R.S. Sunico,

Good pm to all.
    I am new in this site and ust want to read all the comments.
    re the PWD ID not accepted in Mercury, it is now. I just called the Mercury drug store few mins ago.
    FYI only :-)

I will just be appylying for an ID.

Rolando S. Braza Reply:

@rowena velasquez,

Hi,

I wonder what is keeping the NCDA from enforcing the law for us less-abled

21. rey on February 16th, 2010 11:43 pm

We would like to know if your office has already created a theme for this year’s NDPR week celebration. We are conducting our 5th summer camp of youth & children with disabilites here in Calbayog City. We are glad if you can share with us so that we can be in one same theme in conducting this kind of activities.
    Thank You!

22. Rolando S. Braza on February 22nd, 2010 11:41 am

How come the list of cities and municipalities processing PWD IDs is not updated? Pasig City is already issuing such ID.

Is Mercury Drug finally giving discount on medicines to PWDs?

23. Ncio on March 23rd, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi

I would like to know if this card also entitles Cancer Survivors, not permamnently disabled but currently undergoind medication?

Thanks

24. Cesar L. Villamaria on April 29th, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello NCDA Officers,

I am one of the volunteers officer who was responsible in the formation of Samahan ng mga mah Kapansanan ng San Vicente – San Pedro Laguna (SKSV-SPL) a group of PWD here in our locality, Barangay San Vicente, Municipality of San Pedro and Province of Laguna duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under Registry No. CN200508843 dated May 24, 2005. I this respect, can we (the officers who are a non-PWD) avail of the PWD IDs? Thank you and more power.

25. Jonathan Bautista on May 26th, 2010 9:13 am

hi PWD, My name is JONATHAN BAUTISTA,i am deaf, i am teacher,from in Los Banos,Laguna and She name is wennah Artajo,she is a teacher,she live in San Pablo city,Laguna,

we was still search because it is very hard to find their a job “SPED DEAF or TEACHER,,please help me,,i will pray for us GOD help me please

thanks

Anson Tan Reply:

@Jonathan Bautista, are you looking for a job? i am looking for people like you who have some disability to work in our factory. if you are interested please contact me. thanks.

26. Jonathan Bautista on May 26th, 2010 9:14 am

thanks

27. kagawad Arnel C. Galicia on July 23rd, 2010 1:23 pm

is the i.d issued to pwd considered a valid i.d? to all pwd, its time to unite now and show our force and fight for our right.

28. Mark ALvin Verania on August 12th, 2010 1:04 pm

hi PWD, My name is MARK ALVIN VERANIAi am deaf, i am president of YDCM. from in Manila

we was still search because it is very hard to find their a job “YOUTH DEAF or TEACHER,,please help me,,i will pray for us GOD help me please

thanks

29. Vicente O. Bonaton on August 19th, 2010 11:24 am

Sir/ Madam:

I am the municipal PWD president of Aguinaldo, Ifugao of Cordillera Administrative Region. Our MSWDO gave me the format of ID card and requested me to prepare our ID to be distributed to the different PWD members. Our problem is we do not know how to make the ID number code. Please email me at fonaton@yahoo.com the instruction on the numbering of ID cards. Thanks and Mabuhay and lahat ng programa ninyo.

30. Jazmin H. Balasta on September 1st, 2010 10:31 am

Happy new day!
    I am applying for PWD ID here in our municipalities of Taguig but sad to say sabi nila sa akin hindi pa daw sila nag issue kasi bago na daw Mayor kaya babaguhin daw ang ID dito. Pero ang worry ko until today wala pa rin,kaya tuloy ang hirap kasi hindi ko man lang nae enjoy yun karapatan ko.
    And naghahanap din ako ng trabaho pero bakit my discrimination pa rin nangyayari, diba wala na yun ngayon?

Thank you so much & God bless to all!

31. Michael jan D. Sumalileng on September 24th, 2010 7:40 am

Sir/ Madam:

My name is Michael Jan D. Sumalileng. and I am deaf and Pwd. So i was training The nova Foundation last Jan – march 2009.

*One of our trainees, Mr. Michael Jan D. Sumalileng, a graduate of Miriam College with a Diploma on Computer Technology, represented Batch 14 to do a data entry drill during the talk of Mr. Noli Agcaoili, President of Nova Foundation, at the 3rd Annual BPO & Call Center Training Convention held at EDSA Shangri-La Hotel on February 11, 2009.

*After four weeks of training with NOVA-CBM ICT TRAINING CENTER, Mr. Sumalileng has showed great improvement and has now an average typing skill of more than 12,000ksph.

The NOVA-CBM ICT Training Center has high hopes that the involvement of NOVA FOUNDATION to this event would not only make the BPO industry aware of the PWDs, like the deaf, the blind and the orthopedically impaired, but most importantly to see that they are capable of doing the job, if and only they are given the opportunity. As what Mr. Agcaoili emphasized during his talk: ‘IT CAN BE DONE: EMPOWERING THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED FOR CALL CENTER AND BPO POSTS”.

But i was Nothing working find job fair when i Still stay home untill to now for lost 2year half. Please Help me deaf for apply Job fair ( Government Offices (Office of the President, Office of the First Gentleman, Quezon City Hall, Malabon City Hall, Manila City Hall, Department of Foreign Affairs)

Michael Jan D. Sumalileng
    09154484218/4555763
    mjs_honda03@yahoo.com

Thank your kindly. hope understand my concern.

32. P. STALIN on December 23rd, 2010 8:40 pm

Respected sir
    I am a differently abled person i need National ID card for differently able person how to apply for that pleas inform me

Yours sincerely

P. STALIN

Luke Skywalker Reply:

@P. STALIN, I suggest that you register with your local SWDO if you will in the Philippines to be issued the said disability ID.

Luke Skywalker

33. ronald resurrecion on January 2nd, 2011 10:15 pm

kani dito sa carcar cebu ay bago palang nag gawaan na i d actually hindi pa naibigay sa lahat dahil daw saa budget, ngayon ang tanong ko bakit kasilangan pa na magpagawa ng booklet…… i am also advocating pwd

34. Rio del Rosario on January 18th, 2011 3:07 pm

I am a visually impared filipina residing in japan for more than 5 years.
    Sometimes, I visit Philippines for a vacation. I am also a PWD, do I have a right to apply for a PWD I.D. even though I am spending most of my time/days here in japan?
    Actually, I have a PWD booklet issued here in Japan. I just also want to know if I can use that booklet in the Philippines to avail the benefits of a PWD?
    Last year I went to the Philippines to spend my Christmas vacation.
    My aunt told me that I could avail discounts for transpo, foods, medicines or even for groceries but I don’t have an ID to show the store for me to avail those benefits.
    Next time, when I visit philippines, can I use my PWD booklet issued here in Japan to avail those benefits and discounts?

35. Luke Skywalker on January 19th, 2011 1:40 pm

@rio As far as I know RA 9442 refers to the disability ID issued by the Government of the Philippines through the National Council for Disability Affairs and the Local Government Units here in the Philippines.

Luke Skywalker

36. lailanie dychauco on March 5th, 2011 7:15 am

ako nakakuha pwd id pr sa anak ko n may autism s municipal hall s cswd dept..just have to submit medical abstract or diagnosis mula s developmental paedia

37. Catherine Geronimo on March 15th, 2011 1:30 pm

Sir/Madam;

Good afternoon, I’m deaf mute, excuse me, I just ask you? how to require to medical abstract is meant? however. I were had breast ultrasound report last may 2007 pwede ba and if meron barangay, medical report,. Will I apply to new ID card PWD from DSWD cainta.

thanks,
    CGeronimo(Deaf)

38. Zhai Zee on March 30th, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi last night, March 29, 2011, I tried to use my PWD Card at Mercury Drug Greenhills Shopping Center (the one beside Body Shop and HSBC). They refused to give me discount because according to their manager, they were still awaiting the decision of the Court of Appeals? Is this accurate? I thought Mercury Drug already signed an MOA agreeing to honor the discount.

Ronald Reply:

@Zhai Zee, hello zhai,

I also am a PWD. I read about this MOA. I think this will begin by April of 2011. Hopefully, they entertain the discount as much as we are already in the first week of April. I also buy my medicines at Mercury but most of the times at watsons who gives 20% discount with the RX. Hope this helps.

39. Maasin City on April 6th, 2011 8:47 am

Maraming salamat po sa online information na to. May kamaganak po ako dito sa Maasin City na naging disabled lately pa. she needs to have this card

40. ernesto ibarra on April 9th, 2011 2:32 pm

thank you po sa online info na ito ako po kasi ay isang disable din pwede nyo po ba akong tulungan?

41. DANILO R. CRUZ on May 12th, 2011 1:42 am

ANO HO ANG SUSUNDIN NATING NUMBERING SA ID UPANG I-HONOR NG MERCURY DRUG ANG MGA ID NG PWD. SALAMAT HO

42. Danj on May 14th, 2011 5:22 am

Hi to everyone… I have a brother also with disability. I have already applied him for the PWD ID card and was already given to him but not the purchase booklet which is important. The persons working in our DSWD said that there is no booklet yet as to there is still no one to sign the booklet, they said that they havn’t yet formed an organization that sounds like PDAW. They said that they are still waiting for the assembly and advise me to follow up after a month. I just wonder why they are able to issue PWD ID cards but not with the purchase booklet. Aren’t they suppose to be issued together? I just hope that by posting here, someone in authority can call the attention of the local government here in BATAC CITY responsible for the issuance of the said matter. Thank you so much…

43. Danj on May 14th, 2011 5:29 am

I’m just sad right now kasi lots of differently abled persons are now benefiting from that but not my brother. are they really being honest about what they are missing or they just aren’t doing their jobs? :-(

44. danj on May 14th, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello to everyone. i have a brother who also is a differently abled person and I applied him for a pwd id card. we are from Batac City Ilocos Norte. They have already given the ID Card but not the purchase booklet. the dswd here said it’s because they don’t have someone to sign the booklets, haven’t done the assembly daw and don’t have a PDAW yet. Don’t know what PDAW is though. It’s just so sad that PWDs here in our place cannot enjoy their rights because of them not doing their job right and not being serious with the RA 9442. All they do all day in the office as I go there often following up the purchase booklet for my brother is just sit there chit-chatting all day. I hope that by posting here, someone in authority will read this and call their attention, DSWD of Batac City.

45. harold padura on June 2nd, 2011 1:12 am

hi good day…

do you have a list of ID numbering in each province? just want to check and make sure that our ID number in our province is not repeated.

hoping for your immediate response.

harold

46. DOLORES C. SANDAGON on July 21st, 2011 4:36 am

I had bad several experiences with different branches of mercury drug while availing of discount for the purchase of medicine, for maintenance, in favor of my mentally retarded son, pending pa daw with the Court of Appeals, etc. When RA 9442 was implemented, yong booklet naman ang next problem coz our municipality didn’t issue/give us. My son’s PWD ID was issued in 2009 but without the booklet. Sad to say, up to now WALA pa ring booklet sila na maibigay. Reason nila na UNREASONABLE: wala silang form na makuha sa Region para tularan. 2011 na, they should have anticipated the printing of d booklet. Pwede po bang paki ALARM ang Office of DSW sa Bay, Laguna. So expensive ang maintenance medicine ng son ko, sa Mercury Drug lang meron. Please help me secure a booklet if you have one. Ako na po ang mag initiate at ibigay ko sa kanila

luke skywalker Reply:

@DOLORES C. SANDAGON, sulat po kayo sa NCDA for the booklet required. sabihin nyo sa NCDA na disability id lang po ang inissue sa inyo.

47. JENNYVIE A. PEREZ on July 25th, 2011 6:59 pm

sad

jericomyzell Reply:

Hi, please be informed that the ID card for Persons with Disabilities can be availed of at your local Social Welfare Office.

Kindly coordinate with your Municipal Social Welfare Officer.

PWD Registration Form is available at the LGU. Required documents are as follows: ID picture “1X1″, medical certificate and barangay certificate.

Thank you.

Lorna Cadelina

48. ELGIN D. ANTIQUINA on July 27th, 2011 2:59 am

I am a PWD polio victim, I graduated in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Andres Bonifacio College 34 years old. Ang gusto ko lang sana bigyan nang eligibility ang PWD .

49. ELGIN D. ANTIQUINA on July 27th, 2011 3:02 am

Anong ang gagawin ko namin para ma organize isang PWD sa aming lungsod ng Manukan at mabigyan kami nang I.D?

luke skywalker Reply:

@ELGIN D. ANTIQUINA, do take the civil service exams and if you will pass you will be given an appropriate eligibility. As for your PWD organizing please coordinate with your city social welfare officer.

50. Lanching on August 26th, 2011 11:33 pm

good day! may i ask if seizure is candidate of availing PWD, I have a brother who takes 3 x a day Dilantin, he cant go to work because of his seizure, and his medicine is so expensive, Hope we can avail the PWD card to avail 20% discount.,thanks..

51. Marcelo MOngkil on August 29th, 2011 11:09 pm

please make the pwds laws stronger and with a teeth and being implemented to every provinces cities/municipalities because some of the following agencies there are not knowing about pwds law specially the R.A. 7277/9442 and 10070 that would be enforce to be lead agencies whom handle.

because if those agencies are follows i am sure that public discrimination, employees concern being less and give the equal opportunities and the rights, benefits and privileges shall given to the people with disabilities.

Person Disability Affairs office shall establish in those mention but most of the agencies concern they don’t create and follow what are the pwds law. that why more pwds are setting a part less- attention and priority.

52. Patrick Henri Barrameda on September 2nd, 2011 11:30 pm

i didnt have pwd. i have disability hearing (loss) with wearing aids. so i graduate from STI sta. cruz laguna. and computer technology and electronics. i didnt not sign language. little speak english and tagalog (short sentence)… so i failed TESDA….. 2 years ago no work me…. i cant find job/work….

53. Eunice Velarde on September 12th, 2011 8:46 am

Hello po. ask ko lang po if basta ba may Lupus ang patient ay pwde na siya magavail nung PWD Identification Card? Kung hindi po. ano po mga qualifications ng isang Lupus patient para makapagavail siya. Ilang taon na din po kasi ako nagmmaintain ng gamot at check up every month or every 2-3 months.

54. Virginia Ongjoco on November 11th, 2011 8:37 pm

Good Day. I just want to ask if it is true that the card issued to me last Sept 28, 2011 is no longer valid because you change your rules regarding the Chronic type of Disability . When I applied for the PWD in Pasay they wrote in the card that the type of disability I have is Chronic. Yesterday Mercury Drug store in Pasay Rotonda did not honor that card and ask me to contact you to clear this matter. Is it true that you change the rule? How can I change my PWD id? Do I have to report again to Social Welfare Department in pasay for another PWD id? I will be undergoing again a series of treatment by next week and my immune system is again impaired. I’m afraid I will not be able to apply personally for that PWD id for the next 5-6 months.

55. Aaron Acielo on December 3rd, 2011 1:01 am

gudday i would like to know where i get the PWD ID Code # because we could not issue the ID and Purchase booklets hoping for immediate response …………AARON A. ACIELO PWD MUNICIPAL FEDERATION PRESIDENT MUNICIPALITY OF CUARTERO, CAPIZ our office located at DSWD office(09198029727)

56. Leonor on December 5th, 2011 10:31 pm

I am a breast cancer survivor and was happy to learn that PWD ids can be issued to us considering the expenses we have to live with. I went to the Makati City Hall and talked to the DSWD head there. They said they do not give PWD ids to cancer survivors and that we have to lose a leg or be physically disabled to avail of one. I submitted complete documents and was asked additional reqts : a doctor’s certificate that I am disabled in such a way. I lost my left breast. But this doesn’t count? They also said I don’t look sick. How can I apply for a PWD Id? Thanks

57. Bel on December 13th, 2011 10:26 pm

@Leonor, hi! ako nakuka ng ID ng PWD dito sa Navotas, last Nov 29 this year lang ako naopera. kasama tayong mga breast ca sa pribilehiyo ng batas na ito…Bel of Navotas

58. chandrina on December 28th, 2011 12:40 am

i am deaf chandrina..i want apply to PWD’s ID..thank you..

59. lalain darunday on April 10th, 2012 1:57 am

hi! everyone.. can you please help me that how to apply the card of PWD ? what do need requirement?

lalain darunday Reply:

i am a deaf…. thank you!

60. jen on April 18th, 2012 3:44 am

Is there corruption in Pasig DSWD? Bakit for more than one year, wala silang iniissue na booklet? Lagi sinasabi ni Jasmin (tel: 6411936) ubos na, even when we constantly follow up and go to the Pasig branch? Binenta na ba ngayon ang booklet? Magkanu???

61. PAUL fernando ARGUELLES on April 29th, 2012 11:06 pm

The ID card issued to the PWD (While its renewal due to expiration, loss or damage, the issuing authorities, Mayor,Barangay Captain and NCDA shall charge minimal fee for the new ID card).
    *how much is the minimal fee to be charge?
    *do I still need to comply again? I lost my card last December, 2011…

Enews and updates
    I wanna receive the latest news and announcements from NCDA and its regions, as well as from other PWD organizations!
    * Hope it works?!

pf.arguelles@facebook.com/pf_arguelles@hotmail.com
    09274871954

62. Sridhar on May 7th, 2012 9:22 pm

To whomever it might concern,

What benefits does the PWD card give the disabled?

63. Janille M. Mangundayao on May 26th, 2012 6:50 pm

I am deaf. I live in San Pablo City, Laguna. I want to apply PWD ID Card.

64. Roberto M. Torres jr on June 28th, 2012 8:31 pm

hi’…can you please help and info. me that how to apply the card of PWD?…what do need requirement?

luke skywalker Reply:

@Roberto M. Torres jr, go to your local dswd in your city/ municial hall, they can help you regarding your query.

65. jeff on July 19th, 2012 10:18 pm

some private hospitals do not give 20% discount on medical and dental services.. I’m not sure if this is true.. please advise..

66. Ericson Go Giap on September 19th, 2012 5:08 pm

I want to apply for disability id

67. edwin chua on September 25th, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks

68. edwin chua on September 25th, 2012 11:06 pm

,,,also, required docs is the clinical abstract. does refer to operation record? photocopy okay? what other medical records needed?

thanks

69. Katharina on February 3rd, 2013 6:25 am

Hi! Good Evening.

I am deaf. Lost my ID PWD last monday. Please help me I want a new ID PWD . Thank you! :)

70. Sylvia Casalo on April 28th, 2013 12:48 am

good pm po… tanong ko lang po gaanu ba katagal ang purchase booklets maibgay sa isang PWD? may ID napo apo ko pero hindi rin namin naeenjoy ang discount bilang PWD dahil kahit saang botika ay ang purchase booklets po ang hinahanap kahit may ID ang apo ko… laging wala ang sagot samin sa opisina ng DSWD na pinamumunuan ni MRS. ROSE BALDOZA.. halos po 7buwan ng may ID ang apo ko pero wala pa ring purchase booklets.. anu pong apat naming gawin? andon po kasi na ang rason nila ay wala pa daw budget>>> tapos minsan nman po idadaan naman daw sa biddengs.. lumapit na nga po ako sa naga city kay MR. MOLEN.. ito po ang sabi nya sakin kausapin ko daw ang nangangasiwa dito ng DSWD dito sa sipocot cam. sur.binigyan po ako ng sample booklets ni MR. MOLEN para po ipakita ko sa sipocot DSWD dito sa amin.. awa ng dios wala pa rin pong aksyon hanggang sa ngayun… sana po ay matugunan nyo ang aming problema dito sa sipocot camarines sur na pinamumunuan ng aming Mayor na siMAYOR OGIE ASTOR…. salamat po..

71. Augustin Dennis Tabernilla on May 30th, 2013 9:23 pm

I’m a stroke survivor and currently undergoing physical and occuptional theraphy with medication am i entitled to have PWD id,

72. LEONARD RED on June 23rd, 2013 2:17 am

esrd on hemodialysis twice a week, entitled po ba ako to have PWD id?

73. Jayclaid on June 24th, 2013 7:23 pm

Meron na po ba sa inyo nakakuha ng PWD ID, pashare naman kung paano kasi ang hirap maka connect sa NCDA pati sa DSWD, palagi busy mga number nila o kaya magbibigay ng contact pero not in service naman. Thanks

74. Romelito Tupas on July 15th, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi, great morning to all. where can i find the link for the list of disabilities?

75. Neneng Bee on August 23rd, 2013 9:26 am

Tanong ko lang.. hindi ba kasama ang value meal sa pag discount ng PWD ID? na experience ko po ito sa JOLLIBEE Greenhills kanina

76. Magno Rivera on September 4th, 2013 4:06 am

ako ay isang OFW sa kasalukuyan at dumaranas ng diabetes at hypertension. mataas din ang aking uric acid at higit sa lahat gumagamit na ako ng hearing aid.

ang aking maybahay ay merong sakit sa puso at nangangailangan ng mitral valve replacement subalit hindi namin kaya ang halaga ng operasyon.

pwede po ba kaming mag-avail ng PWD ID?

ilang buwan na lamang ang nalalabi at magiging senior citizen na ako gayundin ang aking maybahay.

77. yest on October 10th, 2013 11:20 pm

sana po may official person na makasagot. I am an ovarian cancer survivor (diagnosed 2012, treated within 2012). I inquired if i am qualified for a pwd card and was told there should be evidence (proven through a doctor’s certificate) that the illness caused some form of disability. the card is not issued daw becuase of the cancer but because of the disability due to cancer, if any. I read in the icanservefoundation website that “As a chronic illness requiring continuous monitoring and treatment, cancer is classified as a disability and cancer patients/survivors are counted among persons with disabilities (PWDs).” Given this, hindi po ba enough na ipakita yung documents stating that the person was diagnosed with cancer? Ano po ba ang official na rule when it comes to cancer survivors? Thanks you and God bless!

78. libby ladera on October 22nd, 2013 12:49 am

i’m diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and now i’m on my chemo…why is it that i am not considered as person with disability in my town in Borongan? i ask them if i can have a PWD card but they did not considered me as disabled? am i disabled or not? nagtatanong lang po kasi hirap na hirap napo ang pamilya ko at baon na baon napo kami sa utang. single po ako at wala ng trabaho mula ng maoperahan ako noong naraan june 14, 2013..malaking tulong po ito kung ako po’y inyong matutulungan ngayon..maraming salamat po.

79. Divine Grace Balintong on October 31st, 2013 2:33 am

Hi Good Evening!

Qualified po ba ako na makakuha ng PWD card since i was diagnosed po ng Bipolar affective disorder? Lifetime po ang gamutan ng sakit ko, maicoconsider po ba na disability ang mental health illness ko para makakuha ng PWD card? Ang laki po kasi ng gastos at ang mahal ng gamot ko, mga tita ko lang ang sumusuporta sa akin sa gamutan sa ngayon. Gusto ko po sana makakuha ng PWD card para sana mabawasan ang gastos nila dahil nga po lifetime na medication ang kailangan ko.

Sana po ay masagot ninyo ang tanong ko. Maraming salamat.

Aya Reply:

@Divine Grace Balintong,
    Pareho tayo ng tanong. Any update? Nabigyan ka ng pwd id?
    Self-supporting ako sa meds gamit savings ko at unemployed pa din ako. Until January na lang panggamot ko.

Divine Grace Balintong Reply:

@Aya,

Pumunta ako ng munisipyo noong January at applying for PWD card na ako. Considered ang bipolar disorder as Psychosocial disability kaya pwede sya i-apply for PWD card. Binigyan ako ng form at ang requirements ay picture and medical abstract. Matatagalan nga lang ako kumuha ng medical abstract kasi kailangan pa ng Psychological test at sa march 10 pa ako makakapag exam, after that 3 mos. pa ata bago mairelease yung result ng exam plus days of processing pa sa munisipyo.

80. Divine Grace Balintong on October 31st, 2013 2:41 am

Gustong gusto ko po talaga sana na makakuha ng PWD card kasi hindi po lifetime na masusuportahan ako ng mga tita ko sa gamutan ko, darating ang panahon na ako na lang mag isa ang susuporta sa gamot ko,na mahal po at di kaya gastusan dahil wala po akong trabaho. Ang hindi ko po alam ay kung qualified ang mental health illness ko to avail of the program.

Maraming salamat po ulit!

81. Ruel F. Garcia on November 1st, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi.. Gusto kopo mg apply sa pwd i.d card meron po kaya dito sa calamba city laguna?

82. akash soni on December 31st, 2013 4:04 am

i am 6th sem student

.can i apply

83. Giovanni Aquino on February 19th, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi! I am a polio victim since one. I am now 49 years old and working professionally as a Hotel General Manager. I usually encounter employers who when they negatively realize that I walk differently, started to make me feel unwanted after all the good work I’ve done to their property. Is there a law or a special employee/ employer protection for specially able person? like special rate for salary taxes, protection from employment and the like.

I would appreciate a comment. Thanks!

84. Allen on February 23rd, 2014 11:39 pm

Im a father of a 4 year old boy with autism. We got him a PWD ID in QC.
    When I present the ID to J.CO Donuts at SM fairview. they told me they dont entertain such ID’s unless i have the child with me. I told them i have my signature at the back and Im the father. Still they didnt bother consider.
    I PAID for my son’s donut without discount.

It means if you have a child with a more motor deficient function you have to carry them with you just to buy some donuts. otherwise, your PWD ID is Non-sense to them.

Hope the management of J.CO DONUTS SM fairview have some heart and consideration for special childrens.

85. Veranio Concepcion on April 14th, 2014 6:11 am

I had a 5-vessel heArt bypass. Will I be eligible as Pwd.?

86. Glenn on May 13th, 2014 4:32 pm

A friendly advice, can you kindly include a downloadable application form for PWD ID. I went to our provincial municipality Health Center and DSWD office and also the office of our Barangay Captain in Hagonoy, Bulacan, but they all don’t have any form. If they don’t have it how shall we start to apply. At least, in this web site, if you include it in your “downloadable” we can have a head start.

Thank you.

87. benjie bugarin on June 15th, 2014 5:48 pm

what are the requirements if a PWD person wants to apply PWD ID via transfer of residency (ex. from antipolo to makati)?

Got something to say?