NCDA Site Won Best Organization Website
November 19, 2009
www.ncda.gov.ph, the official website of the National Council on Disability Affairs, won in the Association / Organization category of the 3rd Digital Filipino Web Awards this year.
This is the first time that the NCDA site won the award given annually by the DigitalFilipino.com Club whose members judge the nominations from the public in over 40 categories. The official site was designed by MCCID College of Technology.
The Digital Filipino Web Awards were given last Friday, November 13 at the Hotel Intercontinental in Makati City. It was part of the Digital E-Commerce Summit, which started in Thursday.
The NCDA site award was received by Mr. Dandy Victa, Assistant Chief of Technical Cooperation Division. MCCID College of Technology Training Director Jojo Esposa Jr., gave the 5-minute overview of the website. He also focused on the promotion of web accessibility.
The websites were reviewed and judged â€œfor their ability to create a noticeable presence on the Internetâ€”their ability to be seen and heard among all the noise and clutter of the Net,â€ said the award body.
â€œThe DigitalFilipino.com Web Awards aims to advocate the use of Internet and e-commerce for business development, through the identification, promotion and highlighting of best e-commerce practices from various websites in the Philippines,â€ it said.
Nominations were open from Sept. 19 to Oct. 19.
The criteria for determining the winners were:
â€¢ Search engine readinessâ€”title tags, keywords and page strengths.
â€¢ Content/organizationâ€”clear purpose, target audience clearly defined, citation of sources whenever used, freshness, originality and accuracy of information.
â€¢ Structure and navigationâ€”opening page, content connection and transition, writing and conventions, ease of navigation and link usefulness.
â€¢ Design and functionalityâ€”overall layout, colors, background and text.
â€¢ Technical performanceâ€”page loading, browser flexibility and live links.
â€¢ Interactivityâ€”audience involvement and overall experience
To view the complete list of awardees, visit the Digital Filipino Web Awards Official Website.
Possibly Related Posts:
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities
- NCDA ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CARMEN ZUBIAGA AN “AGENT OF CHANGE”