NCDA commends Ayala Malls Group for its PWD-friendly establishments
April 15, 2010
Undersecretary Rosie Lovely T. Romulo, Chairperson of the National Council on Disability Affairs, commends Ayala Malls Group for its “U First Priority Shopping” scheme for persons with disabilities.
“Shoppers with disabilities have places to go in Ayala Malls as there are now facilities available for them,” Mrs. Romulo was quoted as saying. With the technical guidance and assistance to their business establishments by the NCDA, the Ayala Malls Group has committed to comply with the provisions of Batas Pambansa Bilang 344 otherwise known as the Accessibility Law. All the business establishments of the Ayala Malls Group are now providing valuable assistance to shoppers with disabilities that includes the distribution of map guidelines indicating accessible facilities inside the malls like ramps, comfort rooms and elevators where PWDs could easily locate upon entrance and exit in the concierge booths.
Other than this, sign language interpretation is given by trained and accredited concierge representatives to those shoppers with hearing mobility and are using wheelchairs, a Wheel-in Service is available upon request that includes bringing them into their destinations inside the mall and bringin them back to the entrance.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “17th Duskin Leadership Training” Application Deadline Announced
- NCDA PARTICIPATES IN THE NATIONAL MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
- DFA Organizes Consular Outreach for Persons with Disabilities
- 2nd Philippine CBR Congress 3rd Announcement
- COMELEC Resolution Declaring July 20, 2014 as the National Day for Voters with Disabilities in All COMELEC Local Offices