NCDA commends Ayala Malls Group for its PWD-friendly establishments
April 15, 2010
Undersecretary Rosie Lovely T. Romulo, Chairperson of the National Council on Disability Affairs, commends Ayala Malls Group for its “U First Priority Shopping” scheme for persons with disabilities.
“Shoppers with disabilities have places to go in Ayala Malls as there are now facilities available for them,” Mrs. Romulo was quoted as saying. With the technical guidance and assistance to their business establishments by the NCDA, the Ayala Malls Group has committed to comply with the provisions of Batas Pambansa Bilang 344 otherwise known as the Accessibility Law. All the business establishments of the Ayala Malls Group are now providing valuable assistance to shoppers with disabilities that includes the distribution of map guidelines indicating accessible facilities inside the malls like ramps, comfort rooms and elevators where PWDs could easily locate upon entrance and exit in the concierge booths.
Other than this, sign language interpretation is given by trained and accredited concierge representatives to those shoppers with hearing mobility and are using wheelchairs, a Wheel-in Service is available upon request that includes bringing them into their destinations inside the mall and bringin them back to the entrance.
Possibly Related Posts:
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities
- NCDA ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CARMEN ZUBIAGA AN “AGENT OF CHANGE”