Letter of Food and Drug Administration on the Implementation of 20% Discount on Purchase of Medicine
July 28, 2010
Food and Drug Administration, Philippines
Ref. LICD No. 10-123
10 June 2010-07-28
MATEO A. LEE, JR.
National Council on Disability Affairs
NCDA Building, Isidora Street, Brgy. Holy Spirit
Dear Mr. Lee,
This is in reference to your letter dated 01 February 2010 addressed to the Honorable Secretary of Health Esperanza I. Cabral, M.D., which the same was endorsed to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with respect to implementation of the availment of 20% discount on purchase of medicines from drug establishments for the exclusive use of persons with disability (PWD).
As you have raised in the said letter, persons with disability experience difficulty in availing the said 20% discount pursuant to Section 32 of Republic Act No. 9442 amending Republic Act No. 7277 of the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons.
In response thereto, and for this FDA to take appropriate legal actions to the erring drugstores which allegedly refuse to grant the said 20% discount to PWD be lodged with this Office.
Rest assured that FDA is committed in promoting the welfare of our disabled Filipino citizens and as such, FDA shall, as part of our routine inspection to all drugstores, strictly monitor and audit the record of books of PWD maintained by drugstore to ensure compliance with Republic Act No. 9442 and Department of Health Administrative Order No. 2009-0011.
Thank you for your time and for bringing to our attention your concerns
More power and our warmest regards.
Very truly yours,
NAZARITA T. TACANDONG, RPh, MPA
Acting Director IV
Possibly Related Posts:
- NCDA JOINS HANDS WITH DSWD IN EMBRACING “THE NEW NORMAL”
- Calling All PWD Chess Enthusiasts!
- NCDA 2014 PRIORITIES AND DIRECTIONS
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities