Show Cause Order for Mercury Drug Corporation, Wilson Street, San Juan, Metro Manila
July 29, 2010
In re: Letter â€“complaint of Ms. Agnes Atienza
Filed through the Office of the National Council
On Disability Affairs
FDA CASE NO. CMP-DP-2010-032
For: Violation of Chapter 8, Section 32 (a) of
RA 7277, as amended by RA 9442 in relation
to AO 2009-0011
The Branch Manager
MERCURY DRUG CORPORATION
Wilson Street, San Juan, Metro Manila
SHOW CAUSE ORDER
Before this Office is a complaint of a certain Agnes Atienza filed through the office of the National Council on Disability Affairs against your establishing for the alleged refusal of your establishment on March 27, 2010 to grant her two (2) children, both with disabilities, the twenty (20) percent discount in the purchase of medicines entitled to persons with disabilities.
Chapter 8, Section 32 [c] of Republic Act No. 7277, as amended by Republic Act No. 9442 otherwise known as the â€œMagna Carta for Disabled Persons and For Other Purposesâ€ in relation to Section V  as implemented by Section VI  of Administrative Order No. 2009-0011 provides that persons with disabilities shall be entitled to at least twenty (20) percent discount in the purchase of branded and unbranded medicines from all establishments dispensing medicines for their exclusive use or enjoyment.
IN VIEW THEREOF, you are ordered to show valid cause in writing and present your evidence in support thereof within fifteen (15) days from receipt hereof as to why no legal or administrative action should be taken against you and your establishment for the aforesaid violation. In the event of failure to do so, judgement by default will be rendered against you and the case shall be decided based on the evidence on record.
The Regulation Division I is hereby directed to cause the service of this Order and to submit a report thereof to the Legal, Information and Compliance Division.
SO ORDERED. 24 May 2010, FDA, Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
NAZARITA T. TACANDONG, RPh, MPA
Possibly Related Posts:
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities
- NCDA ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CARMEN ZUBIAGA AN “AGENT OF CHANGE”