MMDA Retains Exemption of PWDs from Vehicular Coding
September 6, 2010
As requested by NCDA, MMDA Secretary Atty. Francis N. Tolentino retained the exemption of motorists with disabilities from vehicular coding known as the UVVRP or â€œUnified Vehicular Volume Reduction Programâ€. UVVRP is MMDAâ€™s move to decrease the volume of motorists for better traffic management in Metro Manila.
With inadequate accessible transport system, this development will greatly boost the mobility of persons with disabilities in the National Capital Region, to get to their places of work and other destinations. The Council notes that this could well be MMDAâ€™s pitch to support Articles 9, 19 and 20 of the â€œUN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilitiesâ€(CRPD) ratified by the country last April 15, 2008, Articles ,19 and 20.
Requiring in Securing the Exemption of PWDs from the UVVRP/Number Coding Scheme are as follows:
1. PWD request letter explaining the exemption. In case the vehicles is not registered in the PWDâ€™s name, please indicate in the letter that it is registered under the name of your parents/guardian;
Address the letter to Atty. Francis N. Tolentino
Metropolitan Manila Development Authority
MMDA Building, EDSA corner Orense Street
Guadalupe, Makati City
Contact Nos.: 882-2626; 882-0854; 882-0893; 882-0871
2. Medical Certificate; and
3. O.R. C. R.
Possibly Related Posts:
- NCDA JOINS HANDS WITH DSWD IN EMBRACING “THE NEW NORMAL”
- Calling All PWD Chess Enthusiasts!
- NCDA 2014 PRIORITIES AND DIRECTIONS
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities