MMDA Retains Exemption of PWDs from Vehicular Coding
September 6, 2010
As requested by NCDA, MMDA Secretary Atty. Francis N. Tolentino retained the exemption of motorists with disabilities from vehicular coding known as the UVVRP or â€œUnified Vehicular Volume Reduction Programâ€. UVVRP is MMDAâ€™s move to decrease the volume of motorists for better traffic management in Metro Manila.
With inadequate accessible transport system, this development will greatly boost the mobility of persons with disabilities in the National Capital Region, to get to their places of work and other destinations. The Council notes that this could well be MMDAâ€™s pitch to support Articles 9, 19 and 20 of the â€œUN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilitiesâ€(CRPD) ratified by the country last April 15, 2008, Articles ,19 and 20.
Requiring in Securing the Exemption of PWDs from the UVVRP/Number Coding Scheme are as follows:
1. PWD request letter explaining the exemption. In case the vehicles is not registered in the PWDâ€™s name, please indicate in the letter that it is registered under the name of your parents/guardian;
Address the letter to Atty. Francis N. Tolentino
Metropolitan Manila Development Authority
MMDA Building, EDSA corner Orense Street
Guadalupe, Makati City
Contact Nos.: 882-2626; 882-0854; 882-0893; 882-0871
2. Medical Certificate; and
3. O.R. C. R.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Message of the President in the Observance of National Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Awareness Week
- NCDA ENGAGES WITH WOW LEAP, INC. AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS ON “BUILDING BACK BETTER”
- MESSAGE OF THE PRESIDENT IN OBSERVANCE OF THE 37TH NATIONAL DISABILITY PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION WEEK
- Freedom Walk 2015 of PWDs
- DOJ, NCDA HOLD SEMINAR-WORKSHOP ON ACCESS TO JUSTICE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN BICOL REGION