NCDA Hosts the 4th IBSA World Chess Games Elimination Round
February 22, 2011
OIC Matt Lee, Jr. welcomed and cheered the 6 Visually Impaired chess contenders for the IBSA World Elimination Round held at the NCDA last Friday February 11, 2011. Led by Coach and trainor Grandmaster Rogelio M. Antonio, Jr., the goal was to choose 2 winners for fielding in the upcoming â€œ4th International Blind Sports Association (IBSA) World Gamesâ€ slated in Antalya, Turkey on April 1 â€“ 11, this year.
NCDA focal person for Sports Nanie Apostol also announced that the two winners joining the IBSA World Games will represent the country in the â€œ6th ASEAN Paragamesâ€ in Indonesia in December 2011. For the elimination round in NCDA, arbiter Sandy Angustia used a double round robin that gave the players a two-time opportunity to prove themselves. See the final elimination round results below.
|Rodolfo Canonigo||5 points|
|Abraham Peligro||3 points|
|Cecilio Bilog||2 points|
|Melchor Pizarro||2 points|
Possibly Related Posts:
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities
- NCDA ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CARMEN ZUBIAGA AN “AGENT OF CHANGE”