NCDA Hosts the 4th IBSA World Chess Games Elimination Round
February 22, 2011
OIC Matt Lee, Jr. welcomed and cheered the 6 Visually Impaired chess contenders for the IBSA World Elimination Round held at the NCDA last Friday February 11, 2011. Led by Coach and trainor Grandmaster Rogelio M. Antonio, Jr., the goal was to choose 2 winners for fielding in the upcoming â€œ4th International Blind Sports Association (IBSA) World Gamesâ€ slated in Antalya, Turkey on April 1 â€“ 11, this year.
NCDA focal person for Sports Nanie Apostol also announced that the two winners joining the IBSA World Games will represent the country in the â€œ6th ASEAN Paragamesâ€ in Indonesia in December 2011. For the elimination round in NCDA, arbiter Sandy Angustia used a double round robin that gave the players a two-time opportunity to prove themselves. See the final elimination round results below.
|Rodolfo Canonigo||5 points|
|Abraham Peligro||3 points|
|Cecilio Bilog||2 points|
|Melchor Pizarro||2 points|
Possibly Related Posts:
- REGION XI PROSECUTORS AND PAO LAWYERS SENSITIZED ON GIVING ACCESS TO JUSTICE OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- Just 1: Multi-Sectoral Convergence for the Sustainable Livelihood and Employment of Persons with Disabilities
- GONZALES FAMILY BAGS THE 4TH JFVA
- CBR Congress 4th Announcement
- ACCESS TO JUSTICE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES REACHES CENTRAL VISAYAS