DFA-Office of Consular Affairs implements RA. 9442 in all their offices.
May 28, 2011
In a response letter dated April 29, 2011, the DFA Office of Consular Affairs informed the National Council on Disability Affairs that their office has established a “Special Lane” for persons with disabilities, Senior Citizens and OFWs which will also be instituted in their Regional Consular Offices following the implementation of RA 9442“an Act Amending RA 7277, otherwise known as the “Magna Carta For Persons With Disabilities“
Persons with disabilities, Senior citizens and OFWs will no longer be required to have a passport appointment and instead, be accommodated immediately upon their appearance at The DFA offices. The DFA offices will also be providing appropriate signage to inform their visitors of the “Special Lanes”.
(See full text of letter)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Director’s message on 12th WWD Celebration day Day
- Philippine Team Bags Medal at “Global IT Challenge 2015”
- NCDA and DOT hold “Seminar on How to Handle Persons with Disabilities in the Tourism Industry”
- World Blind Union – Asia Pacific 13th Regional Massage Seminar
- NCDA, AD/HD Society kicks off ADHD Awareness Week celebration