DFA-Office of Consular Affairs implements RA. 9442 in all their offices.
May 28, 2011
In a response letter dated April 29, 2011, the DFA Office of Consular Affairs informed the National Council on Disability Affairs that their office has established a “Special Lane” for persons with disabilities, Senior Citizens and OFWs which will also be instituted in their Regional Consular Offices following the implementation of RA 9442“an Act Amending RA 7277, otherwise known as the “Magna Carta For Persons With Disabilities“
Persons with disabilities, Senior citizens and OFWs will no longer be required to have a passport appointment and instead, be accommodated immediately upon their appearance at The DFA offices. The DFA offices will also be providing appropriate signage to inform their visitors of the “Special Lanes”.
(See full text of letter)
Possibly Related Posts:
- NCDA 2014 PRIORITIES AND DIRECTIONS
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities