Persons with Disabilities finally get 20% discount from Mercury Drugstores
May 17, 2011
Starting May 1, 2011, Persons with Disabilities can already use their Discount ID cards to avail of the 20% discount pursuant to RA 9442 on the purchase of medicines and from all Mercury Drugstores Nationwide.
However, before the compliance of Mercury to the said law, the Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines (FDA) released a decision, finding Mercury Drug Corporation liable in violating Chapter 8 Sec 32 (C) of RA 7277 as amended by RA 9442 in relation to AO 2009-0011 on three separate counts of complaints filed against them. The resolution released on February 22, 2011, fines MDCI branches in San Juan, Cainta & Conception, Marikina P50, 000.00 on each count of the violation and warns MDCI that any future violation may result to graver sanctions.
Mercury Drug Corporation, one of the largest drugstore chains in the Philippines, had earlier supported the petition of the Drugstores Association of the Philippines, Inc. (DSAPI) to prohibit the implementation of NCDA Administrative Order No. 1, Series of 2008 together with RA 9442.
Although MDCI will continue their support to the Drugstore Association of the Philippines on their petition to the Supreme Court to declare RA 9442 unconstitutional MDCI has committed to implement the 20% discount to comply with the law. See FDA decision on complaints
Possibly Related Posts:
- NCDA 2014 PRIORITIES AND DIRECTIONS
- President Aquino Declares the Years 2013-2022 As the Philippine Decade of “Make The Right Real” For Persons with Disabilities”
- The President Signs Proclamation No. 688 Declaring the Period of 2013-2022 as the Philippine Decade of “Make the Right Real” for Persons With Disabilities in Support of the 3rd Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons With Disabilities
- NCDA ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT FOR THE 3RD QUARTER 2013
- Philippines Leads Global Initiative at UN to “Break Barriers and Open Doors” for Persons with Disabilities