Persons with Disabilities finally get 20% discount from Mercury Drugstores
May 17, 2011
Starting May 1, 2011, Persons with Disabilities can already use their Discount ID cards to avail of the 20% discount pursuant to RA 9442 on the purchase of medicines and from all Mercury Drugstores Nationwide.
However, before the compliance of Mercury to the said law, the Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines (FDA) released a decision, finding Mercury Drug Corporation liable in violating Chapter 8 Sec 32 (C) of RA 7277 as amended by RA 9442 in relation to AO 2009-0011 on three separate counts of complaints filed against them. The resolution released on February 22, 2011, fines MDCI branches in San Juan, Cainta & Conception, Marikina P50, 000.00 on each count of the violation and warns MDCI that any future violation may result to graver sanctions.
Mercury Drug Corporation, one of the largest drugstore chains in the Philippines, had earlier supported the petition of the Drugstores Association of the Philippines, Inc. (DSAPI) to prohibit the implementation of NCDA Administrative Order No. 1, Series of 2008 together with RA 9442.
Although MDCI will continue their support to the Drugstore Association of the Philippines on their petition to the Supreme Court to declare RA 9442 unconstitutional MDCI has committed to implement the 20% discount to comply with the law. See FDA decision on complaints
Possibly Related Posts:
- Philippine Team Bags Medal at “Global IT Challenge 2015”
- NCDA and DOT hold “Seminar on How to Handle Persons with Disabilities in the Tourism Industry”
- World Blind Union – Asia Pacific 13th Regional Massage Seminar
- NCDA, AD/HD Society kicks off ADHD Awareness Week celebration
- Message of the President in the Observance of National Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Awareness Week