Canon Donates Camera for Philippine Photography Bet in the 8th Global Work Skills Contest
July 28, 2011
Canon President and CEO Alan Chng hands over camera to Raph Torralba, hard of hearing member of “Visual Shot Club”, a group of deaf photographers, who recently teamed up with Canon and SM Supermalls on the “Photography with a Difference”. Mr. Torralba, Resource Coordinator of the Institute of Health and Wellness Philippines, will compete in the “8th International Abilympics” Photography Contest, Seoul, Korea on September 25-30, 2011. Canon shared willingness to provide the official camera for future International Abilympics Photography competitors. Leading the Philippine team to Korea is Abilympics Philippines Chairperson Mons T. Romulo. NCDA-TCD Chief Nelia R. de Jesus (extreme left) and Canon’s Corporate Communications Manager Margie Escueta, (extreme right), witnessed the July 6 turnover.
Ms. Escueta shows President Chng the NCDA Magazine “Journey Beyond disABILITY” featuring Cebu deaf lensman Alnoe Paler, another “Abilympics national champion” – recipient of a Canon camera, who she personally assisted way back 2007.
Alnoe in action with his Canon camera at the “7th International Abilympics” in Shizuoka, Japan
Possibly Related Posts:
- NCDA Joins Training in “Developing a Disability-Inclusive Technical Vocational Education Training Framework” in Brisbane, Australia
- AFS KL-YES Program 2015-2016 is now accepting Young PWD Applicants!
- SIGNED MESSAGE TO THE 36TH NATIONAL DISABILITY PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION WEEK
- Ortigas Company’s Continuing Campaign on Sensitizing Front Liners
- L’Oreal Beauty Advisers Trained on Serving Customers with Disability