34th National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week Celebration
May 28, 2012
In celebration of the 34th National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week on July 17 – 23 this year, the National Council on Disability Affairs hereby issues this Announcement on the matter aforesaid. It consist of the following:
Legal Basis: Proclamation No. 361 (2000), as amended by Administrative Order No. 35 (2002).
Theme: The celebration has adopted the theme “Mainstreaming Persons with Disabilities in Economic Development.” This was conceptualized to contribute and promote the full employment of persons with disabilities and to tackle barriers and gaps, facilitate stakeholders’ cooperation, develop innovative approaches and support human rights-based initiatives for the economic development of persons with disabilities.
Proposed Activities and Schedules:
To drumbeat the weeklong celebration, various activities will be conducted as indicated hereunder:
1. July 17, 2012
– Thanksgiving and Holy Mass
- Stakeholders’ Forum
- Ribbon Cutting of the “Likhang PWD 2012” (Exhibit of artworks and products made by PWDs
2. July 18, 2012
– Paligsahan ng may “K” sa Kasaysayan at Kultura ng Pilipinas.
3. July 19, 2012
- Mobility Clinic
- Early Prevention of Children with Disabilities
- 1st Road Safety Seminar for Persons with Disabilities
4. July 20, 2012
– Orientation-Forum on Accessibility Law with Sensitivity Training
- Jobs Fair
5. July 21, 2012 –Nationwide Special Registration for PWD Voters
6. July 21, 2012 – Tree Planting
7. July 22, 2012 – M.O.V.E. Manila Run
8. July 23, 2012
– Entrepreneurship Appreciation Seminar
- Closing Ceremony
- Wreathlaying Ceremony on the Birthdate of Apolinarion Mabini
For more details on the celebration, please find attached the full Concept Paper and Calendar of Activities of the 2012 NDPR Week celebration. The NDPR Week Secretariat could be contacted thru Telephone Numbers 951-5013 and 932-6422 local 101, or thru Mr. Rizalio R. Sanchez, Mr. Mike Limon, Ms. Cely de Leon, and Ms. Jem Aguilar at Mobile Nos. 0920-9062306, 0920-9062296, 0920-9062287, and 09994801130, respectively, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALICIA R. BALA
Possibly Related Posts:
- Calling All Interested Online Entrepreneurs!
- Postponement of Women With Disabilities Personality Development Basic Leadership Training
- Invites teachers of children with special needs to a series of Seminar-Workshops this summer
- Children’s Art Festival
- Call for Nominations for the 2015 Apolinario Mabini Awards