2013 Women with Disabilities Day Celebration
March 22, 2013
In celebration of the 2013 Women with Disabilities Day on March 25 and pursuant to Proclamation No. 744 issued on December 6, 2004, titled “Declaring the Last Monday of March Every Year as Women with Disabilities Day, ” the Council is taking the lead in the observance of the Women with Disabilities Day in the country in partnership with the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) and other concerned agencies. For this purpose, the NCDA organized a National Working Committee, chaired by the Metro Manila Development Authority and Vice-Chaired by Tahanang Walang Hagdanan and Katipunan ng Maykapansanan sa Pilipinas, Inc. which shall steer and spearhead the Day’s celebration composed of different national government agencies and non-government organizations including associations of women with disabilities; and plan and conduct appropriate and fitting activities that will highlight the role of women with disabilities and feature their contributions in nation-building.
The theme for this year’s Women with Disabilities Day is “Babaeng Maykapansan, Kasama Ka Sa Tuwid Na Daan!” which also serves as a subtheme to the Women’s Month theme prepared by the Philippine Commission on Women, that is, “Kababaihan: Gabay Sa Pagtahak sa Tuwid na Daan.” The theme aims to highlight the participation of women with disabilities on relevant and current issues of the society such as disaster risk reduction and as an advocate to other equally-important causes of women with disabilities.
The Council, in partnership with different government agencies and non-government organizations shall conduct the “Launching of the Ped Xing for Persons with Disabilities,” “Trainors’ Training of Women with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management” and “Miss Philippines on Wheels, Signs and Visions.” The details of these activities are as follows:
(1) “Launching of the Ped Xing for Persons with Disabilities” – This is part of the commitment of the Metro Manila Development Authority to provide accessible features for pedestrians with disabilities. This will be held in Aurora Blvd corner Imperial Street, Cubao, Quezon City on March 22, 2013.
(2) “Trainors’ Training of Women with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management” – This will be a half-day activity to be held on March 24, 2013 at 9:00 A.M. in Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, wherein 50 women with disabilities including focal persons on disaster risk reduction and management program from the local government units of Regions I, II, III, IV, CAR and NCR shall be the participants.
Resource persons from the Civil Defense Action Group shall be invited to provide with and discuss various information relating to preparation and readiness in times of disasters and calamities. They will also provide the over-all context of disaster risk reduction and management system to ensure that disaster risk reduction and climate change measures are gender responsive and respectful to their human rights. The MMDA in partnership with the Rotary Group are the lead organizations for this activity.
(3) “Miss Philippines on Wheels, Signs and Visions,”- This will be a whole-day activity wherein women with disabilities contestants representing Regions I, II, III, IV and CAR shall be presented to the public as well as to launch the search for “Miss Philippines on Wheels, Signs and Visions.” Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, WOW-Leap, KAMPI are the lead organizations for this activity. Contestants shall also take part in an Orientation on Personality Development on March 24 in the in the late afternoon after the Trainors’ Training at Tahanang Walang Hagdanan. Launching of the WWD day celebration and the said activity shall be held on March 25, 2013 at SM City Skydome North, EDSA, Quezon City.
in 2010 to 79
snooki weight loss Some Useful Tips for Buying a Wedding or Engagement Ring
quick weight lossLOGO Instant Chic airs live from Fashion Week on QVC
Possibly Related Posts:
- FEEDBACK ON HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY SERVICES (Downloadable Form)
- REGION XI PROSECUTORS AND PAO LAWYERS SENSITIZED ON GIVING ACCESS TO JUSTICE OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- Just 1: Multi-Sectoral Convergence for the Sustainable Livelihood and Employment of Persons with Disabilities
- GONZALES FAMILY BAGS THE 4TH JFVA
- CBR Congress 4th Announcement