Ordinance Number 2 Series of 2010 (BARANGAY 179, ZONE 16, DISTRICT I, CITY OF CALOOCAN)
Republic of the Philippines
City of Caloocan
BARANGAY 179, ZONE 16, DISTRICT I
TANGGAPAN NG PUNONG BARANGAY
Ordinance Number 2 Series of 2010
(Proposed Ordinance No. 6 Series of 2009)
A BARANGAY ORDINACE ESTABLISHING THE PERSONS WITH DISABILITY AFFAIRS OFFICE (PDAO) IN BARANGAY 179-AMPARO, CALOOCAN CITY AND APPROPRIATING FUNDS THEREOF.
Hon. CRISTINA R. GUINO-O
WHEREAS, the Philippine Constitution, in the Declaration of Principles and State Policies, mandates that the State shall promote social justice in all phases of national development;
WHEREAS, Article 13 of the same Constitution includes disabled persons as one of the priority sectors to be given access to essential goods and services at affordable cost and further provides that the State shall establish a special agency for disabled persons for their rehabilitation, self-development and self-reliance and their integration into the mainstream of the society.
WHEREAS, National and Local Government agencies are directed to implement programs and services to ensure the full participation of PWDs in all aspects of community life thru Republic Act 7277, otherwise known as the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, and later or amended thru House Bill No. 1214 which provides other privileges and incentives to PWDs;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991 states that â€œlocal government units, shall ensure and support among other things, the preservation and enrichment of culture, promote health and safety, enhance economic prosperity and social justice, promote full employment among their residents, maintain peace and order and preserve the comfort and convenience of the inhabitants,
WHEREAS, in order to sustain and continuously carry out the task of monitoring, evaluation, data gathering, needs assessment, planning, establishment of production center, creation of job opportunities and advocacy in all cities and municipalities as the case maybe; the need for establishing a Persons With Disability Affairs (PDAO) to serve as its structural organization for the implementation of the abovementioned purposes is hereto recommended.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, AS IT IS HEREBY ORDAINED by the Sanggunian Barangay of 179-Amparo, Zone District 1 of Caloocan City, in its regular session duly assembled that;
SECTION 1. TITLE
This ordinance shall be known as the PERSONS WITH DISABILITY AFFAIRS OFFICE (PDAO) ORDINANCE OF BARANGAY 179-AMPARO, CALOOCAN CITY.
SECTION 2. RECOMMENDATION SET-UP
A. There shall be established a Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO) which shall be attached to the Barangay Health Center and the Caloocan City Health Department. The office shall be manned by sufficient number of employees to ensure delivery of services to the sector. Preference must be given to qualified persons with disabilities. There shall be no discrimination against a qualified disabled person by means of disability in regard to job application procedures; the hiring, promotion, or discharge of employees, employees compensation, job training; and other terms and conditions of employment.
B. The Barangay Captain shall assign a Public Services Officer or a Barangay Kagawad who shall serve as the focal person to handle the affairs for the sector.
SECTION 3. COMPOSITION
The Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO) shall be composed of the following:
1. One (1) Public Services/Focal Person
2. Two (2) Community Relations Officers
3. One (1) Clerk
SECTION 4. FUNCTIONS
The Functions of the Office/focal Person, as the case may be, shall be more or less of the following:
1. Implement the provision of the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons and its amendments in the Barangay level.
2. Establish data gathering center for statistics of PWDs including children with disability training and job opportunities and serve as information center of the barangay.
3. Establish a resource center for independent living of PWDs in their respective community.
4. Establish production and livelihood sheltered workshops for PWDs including group homes and training centers that will accommodate severely handicapped people.
5. Monitor and regulate fund raising activities and solicitation using PWDs as beneficiaries.
6. Assist PWDs to have access to voting precincts during local and national elections.
7. Formulate and implement plans, programs and policies relative to the promotion of the welfare of PWDs in coordination with concerned national government agencies.
8. Submit regular reports to the Punong Barangay of the implementation of programs and services relative to the promotion of the welfare and disabled persons in their area of jurisdiction.
9. The PDAO may receive donations in cash or in kind local and foreign donations which shall be exempted from donor tax, value added tax, tariff and other custom duties provided such donation are actually, directly, and exclusively used for PWDs as certified by the governing agencies.
SECTION 5. APPROPRIATION
The Sanggunian Barangay of Barangay 179-Amparo appropriated the amount of THREE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND PESOS (350,000.00) from its 2010 Annual Budget and for the years thereafter, the amount of not less than five percent (5%) of the Annual Budget. The fund shall be used exclusively for the Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO), including but not limited to its operational costs, implementation of programs that will promote and alleviate the welfare of the PWDs, and the provision of basic services.
SECTIONS 6. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE
If for whatever reason, any provision of the Ordinance is declared to be unconstitutional or invalid, the other provisions hereof not so affected shall continue in full force and effect.
SECTION 7. REPEALING CLAUSE
This ordinance shall take effect within fifteen (15) days after its approval and the posting of the full text of this ordinance in two (2) conspicuous places of the barangay.
ENACTED by the Sanggunian Barangay of Barangay 179-Amparo, in its regular session held on 9th day of January, 2010.
ANALEEN D. ELIAS
MARLON P. PALMERE
KATHLEEN C. PACUBAS
CRISTINA R. GUINO-O
ANNA KARINA R. TEH
MICHAEL JOHN C. BOLLOZOS
BIENVENIDO CASTRONUEVO JR.
JOSE L. ROSAL
FERDINAND S. ANG